Approval does not guarantee selection at the store level.
If approved, your organization will be placed on a list for local store leadership to consider for selection in future months. If chosen, your organization will be notified directly about one month prior to the start of the benefiting month.
Upon approval, however, your organization can promote the Giving Tag Program to supporters at any time throughout the year.
To qualify for consideration, benefiting organizations must have:
- 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(19) status.
- A direct local connection to a specific Hannaford store.
- The commitment to put funds to use within the local Hannaford store’s community
- Clearly focused in their stated mission to impact hunger relief, education, health & wellness and civic and military/veterans organizations.
Requests that will not qualify:
- Events/Fundraisers/Services that benefit a for-profit business.
- Events/Fundraisers limited to specific individuals or families.
- Political organizations or lobbying groups.
- Religious organizations (except where a food pantry is involved).
- Private clubs.
- Requests to support expenses related to fundraisers/events.
- Requests for support of organizations or programs that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity & sexual orientation), national origin, age, or disability.
- Any organization that does not put 100% of the donations toward supporting the local community.
If you have any questions, please contact us.